Accepting Applications! Register today.
The Center for HIV Identification, Prevention and Treatment Services is pleased to announce scholarships for individuals who would like to attend the virtual CROI 2022 conference.
Contributing to our center’s mission, the CHIPTS Conference Scholarship Program aims to provide opportunities and support for community members, community advocates/researchers, students (undergraduate, graduate-level, pre-and post-doctoral students) and early-stage investigators to attend the conference in an effort to promote science, foster networking, and increase capacity building. Individuals from underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply. There are a limited number of scholarships available based on availability of funding with certain restrictions applied.
To be eligible, candidates:
- Must be considered an early-career investigator, student (e.g. graduate, pre- or post-doctoral), or a community advocate/researcher in the field of HIV
- Must be recommended and sponsored by a CHIPTS faculty member.
- Must commit to attending the entire virtual conference.
- Must be prepared to provide a written summary of their gained experience and attend a CHIPTS meeting to share what was learned post-conference.
- Must be prepared to acknowledge support from CHIPTS (NIMH grant P30MH058107) in work that was supported by this scholarship. Ways that CHIPTS support can be acknowledged include in oral or poster presentations.
Please note: Priority will be given to an applicant who is a presenting author of an accepted HIV-related oral/poster presentation or workshop at the conference, and who has not received scholarship funds from CHIPTS within the last 12 months.
The scholarship may cover the registration fee for the conference. The scholarship can be utilized through direct payment of registration invoice, funds transfer (UCLA internal), or in the form of check reimbursements for expenses made. Please contact us, using email below before registering for the conference.
Contact Damilola Jolayemi with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org