Accepting Applications! Apply today.
The Center for HIV Identification, Prevention and Treatment Services (CHIPTS) is pleased to announce scholarships for individuals who would like to attend scientific conferences aimed at eliminating new HIV infections and health disparities among key populations with HIV-associated comorbidities. See list of conferences here.
Contributing to our center’s mission, the CHIPTS Conference Scholarship Program aims to provide opportunities and support for community members, community advocates/researchers, students (undergraduate, graduate-level, pre-and post-doctoral students) and early-stage investigators to attend HIV-related conferences in efforts to promote science, foster networking, and increase capacity building. Individuals from underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
To be eligible, candidates must:
- Be considered an early-career investigator, student (e.g. graduate, pre- or post-doctoral), or a community advocate/researcher in the field of HIV.
- Be recommended by a CHIPTS faculty member.
- Commit to attending the entire virtual or in-person conference.
- Be a presenting author of accepted HIV-related oral/poster presentations or workshops at the conference.
- Provide a written summary of their gained experience and attend a CHIPTS meeting to share what was learned post-conference.
- Be prepared to acknowledge support from CHIPTS (NIMH grant P30MH058107) in work that was supported by this scholarship. Ways that CHIPTS support can be acknowledged include in oral or poster presentations.
Note: Priority consideration will be given to applicants who have not received scholarship funds from CHIPTS within the last 12 months.
Applications must be submitted 30 days prior to the conference the applicant is requesting support for.
There are a limited number of scholarships available. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Reviews will be held monthly on the second Wednesday of each month.
The scholarship may cover the cost of registration and/or flight contingent upon the availability of funds. The scholarship can be utilized through funds transfer (UCLA internal), direct purchase or in the form of check reimbursements for expenses made. Please contact CHIPTS before registering or purchasing airfare for the conference.
Contact Damilola Jolayemi with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org