The Center for HIV Identification, Prevention, and Treatment Services (CHIPTS) is excited to launch its HIV Global Public Health Travel Fellowship program. The program aims to support researchers in developing research opportunities in a new global setting or reinvigorating global health collaborations and research that have not been active for at least 2 years. The program will provide researchers with opportunities to observe and learn new research approaches and methods and experience implementation science in a different cultural context. Applicants who have a strong commitment and interest in doing research addressing the intersection of HIV/AIDS treatment and prevention and mental health and/or substance use co-morbidities in global settings are highly encouraged to apply.
Goals of the Travel Fellowship
- Observe research projects to inform research designs and gain new skills in implementing research projects within a cultural global setting
- Acquire knowledge of different global health programs and practice by documenting and disseminating best practices and lessons learned
- Utilize the experience to develop opportunities for collaboration and invigorate own global health research projects to develop research grant proposals (e.g. R01, R21, pilot grant, etc.)
- Must be affiliated or have an appointment at UCLA, including postdoctoral scholars, fellows, or faculty (at any level)
- Must not have active/current global health activities in the country that you are applying to. The goal of the travel fellowship is to develop collaborations and gain experience in a new global setting or reinvigorate a past or non-active global collaboration.
- Must demonstrate commitment and experience in doing global HIV public health research
- Must demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team in a cross-cultural setting
Application Due Date
Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until August 31, 2023. We anticipate offering multiple awards during the 2023 calendar year, based on available funding. If you are interested in applying, download the application with more information on requirements: CHIPTS HIV Global Public Health Travel Fellowship 2023 - Call for Applications
Please contact Dr. Pamina Gorbach, CHIPTS HIV Global Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need assistance identifying a global host/contact.