Tuesday, August 31, 2021 – UCLA CBAM in collaboration with California Community Foundation (CCF) hosted a provider summit entitled “COVID-19 Roundtable: Provider Summit” to share COVID-19 updates, best practices and strategies for increasing vaccine access and uptake, approaches for community engagement and lessons learned for the future. Moderated by Dilara Üsküp, PhD, PhD, Jesse Clark, MD, and Oladunni B. Adeyiga, MD, PhD, the provider summit reached over 50 clinical/ non-clinical providers, and others interested in learning more about COVID-19.
An expert panel of speakers were featured at the event, including:
- Jerry P. Abraham, MD, MPH, CMQ – Director of Kedren Vaccines, Kedren Health
- Oladunni B. Adeyiga, MD, PhD – Assistant Clinic Professor, UCLA Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Disease
- Jesse L. Clark, MD, MSC – Associate Professor, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.
- Alma D. Guerrero, MD, MPH – Associate Professor, UCLA Department of Pediatrics
- Tracey Veal, DrPH, MBA – Executive Fellow, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
- Stephaun E. Wallace, PhD, MS – Director of External Relations, COVID-19 Prevention Network(CoVPN)HIV Vaccine Trials Network (HVTN)
- Sheila M. Young, MD – Assistant Professor, Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science
During the panel discussion, clinicians and non-clinicians, as well as community members were encouraged to share their questions and concerns about COVID-19 with our expert panelists. Panelists offered insight on discussion areas below:
- Current State of COVID-19
- Education and Information Sharing (Patients)
- Best Practices/Lessons Learned
- Education and Information Sharing (Providers)
Please see a recording of the “COVID-19 Roundtable: Provider Summit” below. If you have any questions, please contact Project Coordinator Damilola Jolayemi, MSc, at email@example.com.
PowerPoint: COVID-19 Roundtable: Provider Summit (PPT)
Event Flyer: COVID-19 Roundtable: Provider Summit (Flyer)
Resource Guide for Download: COVID-19 Community Resource Guide/ Guía de Recursos Comunitarios COVID-19
- Historical Legacies: Conquering COVID & Combating the “Infodemic” (PPT)
- What are Variants and What do they Mean for COVID Vaccines?
- CoVPN Community Engagement Materials Menu
- CoVPN Community Engagement Materials Menu (2)
- Recommended Solutions for Engaging Patients and Increasing Vaccination Rates