We thank everyone for their attendance at this seminar, entitled “Impact of Systemic Racism on Current PrEP Uptake in Black and Latinx Communities: A Solution Oriented Approach for the Future.” To view a recap of the seminar, please click here. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
The UCLA Center for HIV Identification, Prevention, and Treatment Services (CHIPTS) in collaboration with the Pacific AIDS Education and Training Center Program (PAETC), APLA Health, and REACH LA is pleased to invite you to attend the upcoming webinar, “Impact of Systemic Racism on Current PrEP Uptake in Black and Latinx Communities: A Solution Oriented Approach for the Future” on Tuesday, May 11th, 2021 from 11:00AM-1:00PM PST.
- Discuss systemic racism within healthcare settings and how it impacts PrEP access and uptake in Black and Latinx communities
- Provide key steps and resources to address systemic racism and implement the necessary changes at the provider-level
- Highlight and share effective practices that improve access to and uptake of PrEP and other HIV prevention services
CEU Credits will be provided by the Pacific AIDS Education Training Center (PAETC). If you are interested in receiving these credits, please register for this webinar directly with the PAETC here.
If you are not interested in receiving CEU credits, please register for this webinar here.
Continuing LCSW and MFT Education Credit: Courses qualify for 2 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Provider # 128280. Continuing Nursing Education Credit: Course is approved for 2 contact hours by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider #15484.
*Pharmacists registered in CA may use BRN CEs as per their governing board. CEU provider #: 25-15-217-0219
For additional events visit our CHIPTS calendar, Click here.
Please find the webinar flyer and agenda available for download below.
If there is anything on here you have questions about, please contact Damilola Jolayemi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch conference video recording here
See featured speakers’ presentations (PDF slides) for download:
- Felipe Findley – Systemic Racism and PrEP Uptake (Slides)
- Nina T. Harawa – PrEP Uptake by Race/Ethnicity in LA County and California (Slides)
- Miguel Bujanda – Current Best Practices – Telehealth PrEP (Slides)
- Lorenzo Banda – Current Best Practices (Slides)
- Terry Smith – Sexual Health Services Post COVID-19 (Slides)
To view a recap of the seminar, please click here.