Registration is now open for CHIPTS HIV Next Generation Conference on Friday, January 22, 2021.
The conference theme is “Living with Pandemics: Challenges and Opportunities for HIV Prevention and Treatment”.
We are hosting a free one-day virtual conference to support the next generation of HIV researchers and service providers who are working towards an end to HIV/AIDS through networking and sharing visions for future priorities. The conference will feature oral and poster presentations by faculty, student and emerging researchers from various institutions. The event is open to anyone working on HIV prevention and treatment, including those from CBOs/ASOs, HIV clinics, public health departments, and academic institutions.
We welcome participation from all Southern California stakeholders and partners working to advance HIV prevention and treatment programs, policies, education, and research. The intended audience:
- CBO, ASO, Clinic and Public Health Staff
- Community, Patient and Client Advocates
- Students and Trainees
- Early-Stage to Established Investigators
The theme of this year’s conference is “Living with Pandemics: Challenges and Opportunities for HIV Prevention and Treatment”
We encourage abstracts on this theme and any of the sub-themes below to create a shared vision of priorities and partnerships to make transformational impacts on HIV prevention and treatment that are based upon CHIPTS’ four-level (behavioral, biomedical, technological, structural) framework for HIV prevention and care:
- Health Disparities and Inequities
- Homelessness, Housing and Economic Insecurity
- Mental Health Disorders and Substance Abuse
- Stigma and Discrimination
- Co-Morbidities and Co-Infections
- Biomedical Prevention (PrEP/PEP)
- Continuums of Care and Prevention
- Implementation Science
- Model Partnerships and Integrated Services
5 Ways to Participate:
- Attend: Participate in the conference to learn, share, and network.
- Present: Share program and research experiences and findings in oral or poster
- Mentor: Senior researchers and staff provide feedback on abstract drafts prior to final
- Review: Conduct peer review of abstracts for oral and poster
- Learn: Earn 5.5 hours of Continuing Education Credits for Nurses, LCSWs, LMFTs, LPCCs, LEP & *Pharmacists
* Pharmacists need to confirm CE information with their boards
Register, Apply, Volunteer Here: https://forms.gle/8uvYDvE5U8YRHxyTA
Important Deadlines & Dates
December 1, 2020 – Abstract acceptance notifications sent for oral/panel or poster presentations with guidelines
December 7, 2020 – Registration deadline for attendance
For questions or comments, please contact Damilola Jolayemi at firstname.lastname@example.org