We thank everyone for their attendance of this year’s 2020 HIV Next Generation Conference. Formal registration has closed. Please monitor our website closely for more details on the 2021 HIV Next Generation Conference registration. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
The goal of this conference is to support the next generation of HIV researchers, HIV prevention, and treatment practitioners to work towards an end to AIDS locally and globally through networking and sharing visions for future priorities.
We welcome participation from all Southern California stakeholders and partners working to advance HIV prevention and treatment programs, policies, education, and research.
The intended audience:
- CBO, ASO, Clinic and Public Health Staff
- Community, Patient and Client Advocates
- Students and Trainees
- Early-Stage to Established Investigators
The theme of this year’s conference is “Ending the HIV Epidemic with Adolescents and Young Adults.”
This population is defined to be within the age range of 12-34 years. We encourage abstracts on this theme and any of the sub-themes below to create a shared vision of priorities and partnerships to make transformational impacts on HIV prevention and treatment that are based upon CHIPTS’ four-level (behavioral, biomedical, technological, structural) framework for HIV prevention and care:
- Health Disparities and Inequities
- Housing and Economic Insecurity
- Mental Health Disorders and Substance Abuse
- Stigma and Discrimination
- Co-Morbidities and Co-Infections
- Biomedical Prevention (PrEP/PEP)
- Continuums of Care and Prevention
- Implementation Science
- Model Partnerships and Integrated Services
Poster abstracts addressing other key populations are welcome. Selected oral abstracts will center on the theme and sub-themes.
5 Ways to Participate:
- Attend: Participate in the conference to learn, share, and network.
- Present: Share program and research experiences and findings in oral or poster
- Mentor: Senior researchers and staff provide feedback on abstract drafts prior to final
- Review: Conduct peer review of abstracts for oral and poster
- Learn: Earn 5.5 hours Continuing Education Credits for Nurses, LCSWs, LMFTs, LPCCs, LEP & *Pharmacists
For registration questions and assistance, please contact Damilola Jolayemi at email@example.com