Registration is now open for CHIPTS HIV Next Generation Conference on Friday, January 28, 2022. This conference is virtual and free to attend. Please register early.
We are hosting a one-day conference to support the next generation of HIV researchers and service providers who are working towards an end to HIV/AIDS through networking and sharing visions for future priorities. The conference will feature oral and poster presentations by faculty, student and emerging researchers from various institutions. The event is open to anyone working on HIV prevention and treatment, including those from CBOs/ASOs, HIV clinics, public health departments, and academic institutions.
We welcome participation from all Southern California, national and global stakeholders and partners working to advance HIV prevention and treatment programs, policies, education, and research. The intended audience:
- CBO, ASO, Clinic and Public Health Staff
- Community, Patient and Client Advocates
- Students and Trainees
- Early-Stage to Established Investigators
The theme of this year’s conference is “Resilience and Risk: Changing Paradigms.”
We encourage abstracts on this theme and any of the sub-themes below to create a shared vision of priorities and partnerships to make transformational impacts on HIV prevention and treatment that are based upon CHIPTS’ four-level (behavioral, biomedical, technological, structural) framework for HIV prevention and care:
- Health Disparities and Inequities
- Homelessness, Housing and Economic Insecurity
- Mental Health Disorders and Substance Abuse
- Stigma and Discrimination
- Co-Morbidities and Co-Infections
- Biomedical Prevention (PrEP/PEP)
- Continuums of Care and Prevention
- Implementation Science
- Model Partnerships and Integrated Services
Abstracts from global and local research projects are strongly encouraged.
Abstract Submission Guidelines:
To guide your abstract submission, abstracts should be between 300-600 words and feature the sections: Title, Background, Methods. Results and Conclusion
The abstract submission period for the CHIPTS 2022 HIV Next Generation conference has closed.
5 Ways to Participate:
- Attend: Participate in the conference to learn, share, and network.
- Present: Share program and research experiences and findings in oral or poster
- Mentor: Senior researchers and staff provide feedback on abstract drafts prior to final
- Review: Conduct peer review of abstracts for oral and poster
- Learn: Earn up to 4 hours of Continuing Education Credits for Nurses, LCSWs, LMFTs, LPCCs, LEP & *Pharmacist
Register to Attend
Important Deadlines & Dates
- September 20, 2021 – Pre-submission Abstract deadline – submit here: https://forms.gle/H8xTJ9KTnn6Xd455A
- November 1, 2021 – Abstract submission deadline – submit online here: https://forms.gle/AqjjmLV1dPqiLgve8
- November 29, 2021 – Abstract acceptance notifications sent for oral/panel or poster presentations with guidelines
- December 3, 2021 – Registration deadline https://forms.gle/xvsQCXbDDYCdSD156
Continuing Education Credit
The Pacific AIDS Education and Training Center – Los Angeles Area is accredited to provide the following: Continuing LCSW and MFT Education Credit. Courses meet the qualification for a maximum 4.0 hour of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Provider #PCE 128280. Continuing Nursing Education Credit. Course is approved for a maximum of 4.0 contact hour by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider #15484.
If you are interested in receiving these credits, first register for the conference using the link above, then the PAETC will follow up with the CEU registration link.
For questions or comments, please contact Damilola Jolayemi at email@example.com
To view a recap of HIV Next Generation Conference 2021, please click here.