Date(s) - Jan 16, 2013
12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
On January 16 from 12:00 PM until 1:00 PM PT, AIDS Education & Training Center (AETC) National Resource Center will host a webinar for healthcare providers caring for people living with HIV, entitled :
“Guidelines for Improving Entry Into and Retention in Care and ARV Adherence for Persons with HIV: Evidence, Implications for Practice, and Resources for Implementation”
|Click hereto register and for more information.
- Michael Mugavero, MD, MHSc, Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Melanie Thompson, MD, Principal Investigator and Executive Director, AIDS Research Consortium of Atlanta
- Robert Gross, MD, MSCE, Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
This webinar is aimed towards providers of HIV testing, medical, prevention and supportive services and will review evidence-based recommendations for improving entry into and retention in care, and ART adherence for persons living with HIV infection. Specific content will be directed towards monitoring and successful intervention approaches, in addition to review of practical resources available to agencies to facilitate implementation of programs and services to promote care engagement and ART adherence.
After this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe evidence-based practices to improve entry into and retention in care and ART adherence.
- Discuss how implementation of the evidence-based recommendations can assist in monitoring and achieving the goals of the National HIV/AIDS strategies.
- Identify existing resources to support implementation of evidence-based recommendations to improve entry into and retention in care and ART adherence.
For any questions, please contact Jenna K. Bardwell.