How to write a successful CFAR / AIDS Institute Seed Grant Application
Date(s) - Mar 28, 2012
12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
UCLA Biomed Building- BRSB 154
UCLA AIDS Institute / CFAR
How to write a successful CFAR / AIDS
Institute Seed Grant Application
Gail Wyatt, Ph.D.
Associate Director of Behavioral Science and Prevention
Sponsored by the Developmental Core
Wednesday March 28, 2012
12pm to 2pm
The important sections of the seed grant application and what should be included will be discussed.
Topics that will be covered:
1. How much detail is needed for the Specific Aims versus the Methods section?
2. Do I need to go into detail about the statistical analyses?
3. Am I able to include additional information in the Appendix?
4. When it is reviewed, what does my score mean?
5. Who can help me if I need assistance with measures, the IRB, or statistical analyses?
6. Do I need a mentor?
The deadline for seed grants this round is April 16, 2012.
Application packages can be obtained from www.aidsinstitute.ucla.edu or from the UCLA AIDS Institute office, 10940 Wilshire Blvd., Ste 960, Los Angeles, CA 90024.
We encourage you to attend this meeting to
ensure that your seed grant is competitive.
Lunch will be provided.
Please RSVP by clicking here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGFYeVRLM0g3b3otVU9EbC1jOTNjNHc6MQ
DOWNLOAD EVENT FLYER HERE: How to Write a CFAR/AIDS Grant (427)
DOWNLOAD PRESENTATION SLIDES HERE: 2012 CFAR Admin Supplement Announcement (803)