The Housing Determinant: Integrating Housing into the Continuum of HIV Services
Date(s) - Oct 21, 2014
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
UCLA Covel Commons
The UCLA Center for HIV Identification, Prevention, and Treatment Services (CHIPTS) would like to invite you to attend “The Housing Determinant: Integrating Housing into the Continuum of HIV Services” conference scheduled for Tuesday, October 21, 2014, from 8am to 5pm at UCLA Covel Commons. Space is limited, so REGISTER TODAY at http://tinyurl.com/ng9wmy3.
The purpose of this one-day conference is to share the latest research on the impact of housing status on HIV outcomes, to discuss real-world models for integrating housing into HIV prevention and care, to foster collaborations among various stakeholders, and to develop action strategies to inform local policy, community planning, and research directions.
Among some of our confirmed speakers include:
- The Honorable John D’Amico, Mayor, City of West Hollywood
- The Honorable Paul Koretz, Los Angeles City Councilmember, Fifth District
- Douglas M. Brooks, MSW, Director, Office of National AIDS Policy
- Greg Millett, MPH, Vice President and Director of Public Policy, AmFAR
- Jennifer Ho, Senior Advisor on Housing and Services, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- John Rojas, MPA, Director of Administration and Housing, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Elise Riley, PhD, Associate Professor, University of California San Francisco
- Joshua Bamberger, MD, MPH, Medical Director, San Francisco Department of Public Health, Division of Housing and Urban Health
- Raphael Bostic, PhD, Professor and Judith and John Bedrosian Chair in Governance and the Public Enterprise at USC Sol Price School of Public Policy
- Daniel Flaming, President, Economic Roundtable
- Marc Trotz, Director of Housing for Health, Los Angeles County Department of Health Services
- And many more
Don’t miss out on this important event!! For a copy of our draft conference agenda, please click here (350)
Registration fee is waived for students and for those who are consumers/clients of HIV and or housing services. Discount on registration fee is also available to those who qualify. For more info, email 2014HIVHousing@mednet.ucla.edu or call 310-794-0619, ext 246.