HIV/Housing Conference – Pacific Regional Housing and HIV/AIDS Research Summit
Date(s) - May 1, 2010
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Center for Community Health
Category(ies) No Categories
National AIDS Housing Coalition in Los Angeles
Please join the National AIDS Housing Coalition in Los Angeles for an interactive, interdisciplinary meeting among advocates and decision-makers, researchers, policy makers, providers and consumers to increase understanding of the scientific evidence documenting the role of housing in the prevention and treatment of HIV/AIDS and other chronic illnesses.
The 1-day meeting will explore:
• cutting-edge national and local research on housing as a cost-effective structural intervention for HIV prevention and healthcare;
• data analysis instruments and strategies that support improved individual client outcomes and contribute to the broader understanding of the impact of housing on individual and community health outcomes;
• how to conduct local cost analyses to influence public investment in HIV/AIDS housing;
• local HIV/AIDS housing need and existing models of care and program service applications; and
• interdisciplinary exchange and cross- systems action strategies around local, state and regional application of research findings to affect needed policy changes.
The program will include presentations by Dr. David Holtgrave and Dr. Angela Aidala on the evidence base for housing as cost-effective HIV healthcare.