The Division of Adolescent Medicine at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, in collaboration with the agencies of the Hollywood Homeless Youth Partnership (HHYP), has developed 11 e-learning modules that are available for free to anyone with internet access. These modules were designed for direct care staff working with homeless youth but many are appropriate for staff of all types working with other populations of vulnerable youth.
The topics are:
- Adolescent Development
- Adolescent Risk Behaviors – Self Injurious Behaviors and Suicide
- Adolescent Risk Behaviors – Sexually-Related Risks
- Adolescent Risk Behaviors – Substance Abuse
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning Youth
- HIV Testing and Homeless Youth (NEW)
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Psychological First Aid for Youth Experiencing Homelessness (NEW)
- Runaway and Homeless Youth
- Trauma and Runaway and Homeless Youth
The best way to access the modules are to go to the (www.hhyp.org) and click on “e-learning modules.” You will need to create an account and follow the instructions.